Palmerston North itinerary:
+ 1-2pm Massey University SSLB3 “Why I am a Christian” (aimed at students)
+ 2-3pm Massey University SSLB3 “Defending Christianity” (aimed at students)
+ 7:30pm Gateway’s Church (opposite The Warehouse) “Why I am a Christian” (aimed at youth)
[Thinking Matters page here.]
Stand to Reason / Life Training Institute
Apologetics Speaker Tour
Available individually or as a group, for daytime or evening presentations, sermons, workshops, women’s ministry groups (Amy) or casual youth-group discussions.
The dates are as follows (there is still some flexibility in these):
- Auckland: Friday 14th September to Sunday 16th September, and a week later on the morning of Sunday 23rd September.
- Hamilton/Tauranga/Rotorua: Sunday 16th September to Wednesday 19th September.
- Palmerston North: Wednesday 19th September to Thursday 20th September.
- Wellington: Thursday 20th September to Saturday 22nd September.
Possible Speaking Topics
- Who’s waiting for your kids? What do good Christian kids face when they leave home and youth-group and head off to university?
- True for You but Not for Me. Moral relativism is everywhere. We examine its flaws and equip you with an understanding of how we come to know and defend moral truth.
- Tactics in Defending the Faith. Learn specific skills to help engage others in friendly conversation and be equipped to present Christ in an intelligent yet gracious way.
- Can we be Good without God? Atheists claim we don’t need God to be moral. Yet objective moral values cannot exist without God.
- Is One Way the Only Way? Examining common objections to the exclusivity of Christ’s claims and building a careful case for Jesus as the only way to God.
- Doubting Your Doubts. Identifying three causes of doubt, and how to deal with doubt it in constructive ways that draw us back to God.
- Is the Bible Intolerant? Demonstrating how accusations of Christian intolerance are flawed in three important ways, and examining the true nature of tolerance and truth.
- Is Truth True? How do we reach people with the truth when they deny that absolute truth exists or can be known?
- How to Train your Doubters. Learning to tactically approach conversations with people who disagree with us makes it possible to discuss Christian ideas without making enemies.
- Back to the Cross: Apologetics and Evangelism. How the Gospel of Jesus Christ encompasses our full worldview while defining how we relate to information and experience in our lives.
- The Case for Life. Defending the pro-life position in an attractive and winsome manner using science and philosophy.
- The Christian Worldview: Victory or Futility. How the distinctive facets of the Christian worldview starting at the historical resurrection of Jesus compete against rival worldviews in answering the big questions in life.
- Image of God or Strange Apes? What does it mean to be made in the image of God, and how does that impact our obligations to other human beings, our place in the world, and our understanding of human consciousness?
- Can the Incomprehensible be Relevant? The Trinity and Our Daily Life – God’s nature and how and why he reveals himself to us impacts our grasp of concepts like grace, community, and purpose.
Jay’s biography is here.
- Facing Hostile Opposition in Ministry. Staying the course.
- Conversational Evangelism. How to talk to people about Jesus.
- Suffering and the Goodness of God. How can a good God allow us to suffer?
- Character issues in apologetics. How can you gain knowledge without getting puffed up?
- Why I Am a Christian. Good reasons for thinking Christianity is true.
- Reaching Mormons. Practical advice for talking to Mormon friends and missionaries.
Amy’s blog is here.
Brett, Jay & Amy Q&A Panel. Our speakers work well as a team for casual conversations and challenging questions on any topics in the area of ethics, values, religion and God.
￼If you would like to host these speakers in your church, please contact Rodney ASAP at: Rodney@ThinkingMatters.org.nz