I have recently been enjoying reading and taking notes on my iPad. This has involved highlighting and clipping texts from various books and pasting them into Byword (Markdown editor), then switching back to the reading app again.
Doing this repeatedly however has proved a little annoying on my iPad, as the process has too many steps as follows:
- Highlight and copy the text from the book you are reading.
- Double click the Home button to show running apps.
- Click Byword to switch to that app.
- Paste the copied text into Byword.
- Double click the Home button to show running apps again.
- Click the Book reader app to return to reading.
After a little Googling to find a method of fast switching between two apps, and finding nothing, I tried the old 4-finger swipe across the screen trick (to the left and to the right) and lo and behold I discovered that you can in fact between apps without having to use the 6-step process described above. Unfortunately the same does not appear to work on my iPod Touch, but that could be because of my fat fingers and the reduced screen size.